The following quick steps will in the setup and usage of the virtual tape library (VTL) software.
1. Ensure that the listed System Requirements are met
2. Follow the installation steps described in Installation on RHEL/CentOS 6/7, SLES 12 SP2, Debian 7/8
4. (Optional) Configure storage pools as described in Configuring Storage Pools
5. Configure physical storage which will be used to the virtual tape data. This is described in Configuring Physical Storage
7. If you are having trouble check Troubleshooting common problems first